Recent Posts

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Your rocky spine

I don't know whether you'd call this a landscape or a seascape.  Regardless, this is one of my favorite photos from my trip around the bay:

Rocky seas

It calls to mind the beautiful lyrics of a Great Lake Swimmers song:

[Your Rocky Spine]

I was lost in the lakes
And the shapes that your body makes
That your body makes

And the mountains said I could find you here
They whispered the snow and the leaves in my ear
I traced my finger along your trails
Your body was the map
I was lost in it

Floating over your rocky spine
The glaciers made you and now you're mine

I was moving across your frozen veneer
The sky was dark
But you were clear
Could you feel my footsteps?
And would you shatter, would you shatter?
Would you?

With your soft fingers between my claws
Like purity against resolve
I could tell then and there we were formed from the clay
And came from the rocks for earth to display

They told me to be careful up there
Where the wind blows a venomous rage through your hair
They told me to be careful up there
Where the wind rages through your hair

1 comments:

Nat said...Best Blogger Tips

One of my favourite songs... kind of haunting, isn't it?

Post a Comment